One day to change the way you look at the world, with street photographer Jane MacNeil and me, Ronnie Hughes.
Taking place on Wednesday 23rd May, in Liverpool.
All bookings in advance, here through Eventbrite.
This will be a one day course:
- For anyone who wants to do more with photography;
- Tell stories in pictures as well as words;
- By better appreciating the place where you already are;
- And using the camera you already have, your phone.
A day of stories, conversations, ideas, advice and getting out and about round the streets and neighbourhoods of Liverpool, with the two of us.
And maybe you?
By the end of the day:
- You’ll have learned more about telling stories, and told one;
- Learned and tried out some new photography skills;
- Be looking at the world in new ways;
- Have had a good time;
- And be ready to go and start telling stories of your own, in your own way;
- On social media or wherever you like;
- Using the camera you already have, your phone.
The day will take place around the Smithdown Road area of Liverpool, and between photography sessions we’ll be in and out of one of the local cafés, Naked Lunch.
That’s the trailer then.
And the thoughts behind it all? Well, we’re friends, we’ve worked on various things, me the words and Jane the pictures, and for a good while now we’ve entertained thoughts of ‘putting on something together’. This is it.
Thinking about all the neighbourhoods where we might run it we decided on one where one of us lives. Simple as that.
And simple is why we thought of using phones. The cameras most of us already have. So the day can focus on getting the best from your phone, rather than all of us getting lost in the technical details of loads of camera kit.
It’s a day of stories. Of how they get told. And of how you capture them while they’re happening. On your phone.
All bookings in advance, here through Eventbrite. Course costs £95.00 per person.
‘One Day: Photographing Liverpool’
A one day course with Jane MacNeil and Ronnie Hughes. Taking place on Wednesday 23rd May, here in Liverpool.
Photographs ©Jane MacNeil (and taken with a phone)
More of Jane’s work here at ‘Streets of Liverpool’