For many years now I’ve been involved with the people in Granby 4 Streets, helping them to sort out the future of their place. A place now widely celebrated for what they’ve achieved and the truly community led way they’ve done it.
These are by no means all of the posts I’ve done about Granby 4 Streets in Liverpool 8. But they’re enough to tell you my own story of what’s been happening as these last 4 original streets of Granby enter a future that, for a long time, they weren’t expecting to get.
A collection of stories really: of a determined community; of multiple failed regeneration initiatives; the coming together of a Community Land Trust that has achieved so much; and the gradual revival of a place by its people. The deepest community led learning of my life.
My own history in Granby goes back to the early days of my housing career in the 1970s and I continue to be a member of the Granby 4 Streets Community Land Trust.
Here are the stories so far:
- Granby 4 Streets: A summary of the story
- It’s Liverpool 1969: Growing Up in Granby
- Working with Granby residents
- Granby 4 Streets, the market’s back
- The Street Market
- Granby 4 Streets, what’s going on?
- Living for the City, going back to Granby
- Granby 4 Streets – at last
- In Liverpool: Granby and Homebaked
- In Granby: Getting ready for the street market – a site inspection
- In Granby: The September street market
- An invitation to Granby
- Wondrous Day
- Granby 4 Streets: Extraordinary Forever
- In Granby: The Street Party
- On site, January 2015
- February 2015 news
- On site, March 2015
- April 2015 news
- Granby 4 Streets and the Turner Prize
- Community led: Moving beyond victims and heroes
- A Granby 4 Streets Poem
- Considering the Street Market
- The Great Street?
- What’s your Granby story?
- From Pitt Street to Granby
- Street Market, September 2015
- Open to the Future
- Getting to the Turner Prize
- On winning the Turner Prize
- How to do Social Housing: Part One
- How to do Social Housing: Part Two
- Granby Street Market, September 2017
- The 4 Streets and The Welsh Streets, February 2018
- Talking with Aditya: In the Guardian, February 2018
- September 2018 Street Market
- Introducing: Granby Winter Garden
- Telling our story: Podcast, February 2019
- The Winter Garden Opens, March 2019
- We Are The Future, October 2019
- Talking Granby 4 Streets – the gardening women of Granby look back
- On a Utopian Morning